Monday, January 18, 2010

Times Future

This is a time of transition; the world is about to get much bigger than the life I now know. The lessons I have been taught will soon be tested and formed. I have been able to work my way into a position of some influence at Lynden Christian. In a few short months this position will have to be given up. I am looking forward to the future with anticipation. I have grown through the recent years, both in my beliefs and in my character. I believe these influences on me will be beneficial as I go out into the world. It has been a short time, relative to life, that I have spent learning in a environment that has the only purpose of nurturing the future. However these few years will be the most important in my life.

I have been classified as a mentor, a role model, teacher, and leader; someone that you can come to seeking guidance or answers. This is correct I am in charge of a crew that runs serial key systems for productions at Lynden Christian. This role requires me to train these systems to the crew. I will be going into a career of law enforcement that will require these skills from me. I am not afraid to guide or direct, I often become the leader of a project that is unexpected. Other times I go into a project as a decided leader. I am a mentor, someone who can teach and guide.

The key theme that has been attributed to myself is responsibility, someone who is committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty. Again this can be seen through what I do. I have earned the trust of many putting me in positions to make decisions for others. I am trusted to get the job done, I am trusted with information, I am trusted with people. I take none of this lightly; every decision I make is considered before I move forward with action. There are several less prominent themes that have been attributed to me such as: self-assurance, communication, and strategic. These all contribute to how I go about my responsibly. I have had people come to me on a personal nature, because I have earned their trust, I have been allowed to make decisions the range in the thousands of dollars as the leader of a crew, because I have show my responsibly with it. If I show a lack of decrement or concern for any of the responsibilities I have, I would be a failure on my part one that could cost everything from money to, most importantly, friendships that I have built over the years. I do not take my responsibilities lightly.

My life plot would best be described as a quest or journey, a journey seeking for something more. It’s not a journey towards perfection or knowledge. My journey is simply life; I want to live life as it comes taking one day at a time. It is impossible to know what tomorrow is going to bring so why waste time worrying about it? Don Quixote took this to the extreme, he did however have the right idea life is worth living seeking for what is best and what is happening now. I have tried predicting what the next day will bring. The only thing I fond was disappointment. This disappointment came about because something was always not as I expected, sometimes good, and sometimes bad.

My past is over and done I cannot go back to relive it. The only option is to live in the present giving my all into what comes my way. I have made a comfortable life for myself, but its time to take that life and move into the future. I do have my doubts about what I am leaving behind, will what I have started continue on without me? It is now the decision of my predecessors, they will be the ones making the decisions, they will be the ones with the responsibilities, and they will be the ones accountable for their actions. When I am gone I hope my impression will survive for at least a instant. This is however out of my control, out of my hands. All I will do is continue down the path that has been set before me. I may think I have a good idea as to what lies ahead of me on the path, but in all reality I do not have a clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment