Saturday, February 26, 2011

Firefighters face difficult blaze at house on East Pole Road

Yesterday I got a chance to perform a different type of photography than I am used to. I work as a freelance photographer capturing the natural world. On friday I found myself on the scene of a house fire. I know several of the firefighters in my area so I pulled over and grabbed my camera.


Here is  the report generated from this fire.


A fire quickly raced through the roof of a home in the 1000 block of East Pole Road Friday afternoon, Feb. 25, but no one was injured.
Three residents were inside when they noticed light smoke coming from the ceiling, said Will Anderson, a fire investigator with the Whatcom County Fire Marshal’s Office.
They evacuated and called 911 at about 12:30 p.m., but the fire spread quickly, due to the strong winds that were blowing and to the fire’s location between a false ceiling and the roof, said Fire Chief Tom Fields of North Whatcom Fire and Rescue. Anderson said the cause was under investigation.

Fields said firefighters with North Whatcom, Lynden Fire Department, and Whatcom County Fire districts 4 and 7 had difficulty fighting the fire because of the strong winds and because the roof was too unstable for them to enter the home.
The house was owned by Northwest Berry Co-op, which rented it to the residents, Anderson said.


Read more: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2011/02/26/1886034/firefighters-battle-house-blaze.html#ixzz1F7QkspBz

No comments:

Post a Comment