Friday, November 13, 2009

Power in the Snow

On my way up to a logging road I found something that I expected to see. As I continued up the rough road I found myself in a land of white right where I wanted to be. I got out of my truck a proceeded on foot, after a few minutes of waking a significant flash came out of nowhere! Thinking that is was a random strike of lighting I continued; after all when is there lighting in the snow, right? Then I did one of the dumbest things in my life. I continued up to the summit of the mountain. As soon as I reached the top the light dimmed, the clouds rolled up the backside, and the wind started gusting. Knowing that the weather was upon me I started back down the mountain. Too late, instantly I was engulfed in a white out! Unable to see farther than fifteen feet I followed my footsteps that I had made on the way up. But within three minutes a new inch of snow covered everything. On my way down the hillside a huge flash of light accompanied by a earsplitting crack tore down the mountain. The place where I had been standing not three minutes early was struck! You could feel the sheer power through the ground. Knowing that I was in a dangerous position I quickened my pace. When I arrived at my truck lighting struck right behind me. It was time to get out of there; but now I had to navigate a slippery logging road with a fresh two inches onto of what was already there. What took me thirty minutes to travel up now took more than two hours coming down.

I was again shown the power of God in his natural world. Everyone should experience a lighting strike in close proximity to remind them of this

No comments:

Post a Comment