Thursday, December 3, 2009

In the Moonlight

Last night I could not help myself. I had to go out and take a few shots of the moon.
After a month of cloud cover, December arrived with clear cold skies and a full moon. I headed out to the flatlands to set up my tripod. I was hard to believe it was night.

After taking a few shots around the fields, I decided to head for the hills. My first stop was under the Deming bridge. Here the moon was shining on the powerful Nooksack River. It produced a eerie sight as the, water lit with moonlight, churned past the bank I was standing on.

After leaving Deming I continued up to Nooksack falls. Unfortu
nately there was not enough available light down in the hole where the fall make their appearance. So I left for the Mt. Baker Ski Area for my final stop.
Arriving at Picture Lake I was met with a view that many dream of. Mt. Shuksan towered above the lake fully light by the moon. It was easy to read text on a page using the moonlight.
I spent some time just to stand in the still silent paradise. Taking in the brilliance of it all; Gods creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment